Please note: content on this page is under review and some links may be broken. Most of these guides may be out of date, or the conditions may have changed. The most up to date guide is generally found on theCrag.com
Free Climbing Guides
TheCrag is a fantastic resource which is community driven and constantly changing. You can compile guides for areas or specific trips you are planning and upload any new climbs you have sent. It can also be a great way to track you climbing progress.
- Upper Gara gorge 895kb
- A climber’s guide to The Gara Boulders, The Fortress & The Bastille. This is the closest area to town and has a lot of varied climbing style to offer.
- Ebor Falls 152 kb
- A climber’s guide to Ebor Falls. Only an hour from Armidale this area offers some great cracks and aretes.
- Yellow Wall [PDF]
- A climber’s guide to Yellow Wall and surrounding cliffs.
- Moonbi Slabs
- A climber’s guide to the Moonbi Slab can be found on thecrag.com
- Mt Yarrowyck 88 kb
- There is still some good stuff there if you can find it and there is probably also some unclimbed potential.
- Cathedral Rocks 34 kb
- A climber’s guide to Cathedral Rocks. Very limited climbing.
- The waterfalls 110 kb
- A climber’s guide to the Waterfalls. Some of the very first climbing done in the region. Mostly large multi-pitch climb that can only be done during drought.